Website Short Description
Professional Photography is a profession that offers flexibility and artistic freedom. Professional photographers use their expertise, creativity, and composition skills to produce and preserve images that tell a story or record a memory. Professional photographers work in many different environments depending on their desire and specialty. Photographer specialties give professionals the freedom to pursue their artistic dreams as a portrait, aerial, scientific, news, commercial and industrial, or fine arts photographer. The professional photography profession allows the flexibility to work as a freelance artist, a corporate employee, or both. The salary range for a professional photographer varies greatly depending on location and work environment. The 2015 Median income for a professional photographer was $31,710 annually.
Upon successful completion of this program, learners will display proficiency in the following areas:
• The basic principles of photography and camera anatomy
• The steps involved in processing photographs
• Digital photography techniques, including composition
• Basics of establishing depth of field, perspective, and lighting
• Techniques for improving your photographs, including corrective elements and special effects
Though this program is a self-paced program it is supported by an educational mentor. Educational mentors are subject matter experts who have years of experience in their field as well as the necessary educational training and credentials to work as an expert. The mentor is available to answer any questions a learner may have including questions on course content, course material, certifications, and even industry questions. Mentors also monitor the progress of learners to ensure training retention and program advancement. In eLearning, motivation is a key tool to success. Because of this, mentors provide encouraging comments, feedback, and coaching to motivate learners throughout the duration of the program to support completion and success!
Included in this program are the following textbooks:
• Langford's Basic Photography by Michael Langford, Anna Fox, and Richard Sawdon Smith
• Digital Photography: Top 100 Simplified Tips & Tricks by Rob Sheppard
• How to Start a Home-Based Photography Business by Kenn Oberrecht & Rosemary DeLuco-Alpert
The following required software is NOT included in this program:
- Certification included